Thursday, December 1, 2011

Trying to Get My "Mode" Back

     Well, we got back from our trip Tuesday afternoon, sick and worn out (at least some of us). I meant to post yesterday, but I was in that mode of "I just got back in town and I just can't make myself do anything but the bare minimum." Also, I felt kind of lousy because of whatever sickness I have. Sore throat, sneezing, headache. Plus I was really tired and my back was/is getting more achy. I just felt like a lead weight. I still do, kind of, but it's not quite so bad today. 
     I am really trying to get back into my mode of getting more done. I did manage to finally unpack our big suitcase today and I have a load of laundry in the wash. It is a constant battle trying to keep the living room floor clear of clutter, though. Anyone with toddlers knows this. Kay-Kay wants to bring her toys and books, a couple at a time, from her room into the living room. And then she will get a hold of a piece of junk mail, or some other paper product, and tear it into pieces. 
     So when I finally get around to "pickup" mode, I usually have a couple of books, a few random toys (like dolls/stuffed animal, a couple of blocks), pages from toy catalog mailer and a few pieces of napkin. And of course I have to move her tricycle from the middle of the room, because it always somehow makes it there, whether she was riding it or not. 
     Now she is finally taking a nap (I'd like to do that myself) so I have a few minutes of quiet. I still have more to do. There is always more to do. I'm just lacking motivation. I run out of energy and it's getting harder to bend over to pick stuff up. I don't like to feel like I'm being lazy, so I will probably make myself do it anyway, but I don't want to overdo it, either.
     The thing about going on vacation is you get out of your "mode" and when you come back it is hard to get back into it! Of course, getting sick (or pregnant) doesn't help with that, either. And we are going down to Florida for Christmas, to see my husband's folks in about two and a half weeks, so by the time I get back into my "mode" I will have to get out of it again! And when we get back, I will be a month more pregnant than I am now. 
     So, I will just have to manage the best I can until I just can't anymore. And I'm sure I will get there at some point. Maybe the "nesting" syndrome will come in about then and help me out. LOL But seriously, I was starting to do pretty good. I really don't want to slip back down the slope. But, thankfully, I have a supportive husband who will help me out if I need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment